thebengalstory.com is an independent website in Bengali and English languages. It covers news, opinion, politics, culture and more. Our services provide to readers and viewers latest developments in politics, exclusive stories and analysis, videos, photographs and other forms of digital content.
We are aware of the fact that every viewer or reader cares about how his personal information is used and shared, and we take privacy of our viewer and reader very seriously. By visiting thebengalstory.com, you are accepting the privacy practices as mentioned herein.
This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that thebengalstory.com does not own or control, or to individuals that thebengalstory.com does not employ or manage.
Information Collected by thebengalstory.com
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our websites. This information allows us to provide users an efficient experience. We collect only the information required to make thebengalstory.com websites useful to you. For example:
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose to not provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our special features.
- To subscribe to thebengalstory.com and access the associated services, you will be required to provide some personal information and accept the terms and conditions applicable. This information may include your username, name, email id, phone number and state of residence. This information will be used at an individual level only to manage your subscription account, and at an aggregate level only to tailor our offerings to our audience. We use third party payment service providers to process the payment of subscription fees. We do not store any user payment data. Our third party payment service providers will be visible to you while making the payment and you may choose the one you prefer out of the options available.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. thebengalstory.com and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Thebengalstory.com cookie information, and the page you requested. Thebengalstory.com uses this traffic data, only at an aggregate level, to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- com may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed.
thebengalstory.com is very concerned about your privacy and it will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission. thebengalstory.com may send out e-mails with news, products, offers, surveys, or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from thebengalstory.com, which inform you of actions (e.g. successful subscription) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us, please follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g., those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g., updates to our policies) from us.
thebengalstory.com cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
- com personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of thebengalstory.com business.
- Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
thebengalstory.com account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (e.g., a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 18 years and older to register to use the thebengalstory.com website. As a result, thebengalstory.com does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that thebengalstory.com has collected information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.