Two children die from electrocution in Dum Dum
Trinamool MP Sougata Roy faces protests from angry neighbours and family.
Two children died from electrocution in Dum Dum, adjoining Kolkata, on Thursday. They were reportedly going somewhere and had stepped out of the house when they accidentally touched live wires. They were taken to RG Kar Hospital where they were pronounced dead. Family members and neighbours alleged that the wires were exposed even before the rains.
The neighbours and family members staged protests and it led to heated arguments between Congress and Trinamool Congress supporters. Meanwhile, Trinamool MP Sougata Roy visited the house of the deceased in Dum Dum, where he faced the wrath of neighbours and family members. Some of them alleged that party workers had offered the family members money, which they refused to accept.
The rains over the past three days has led to severe waterlogging in various parts of south Bengal, leading to deaths from electrocution. Till now, 13 deaths were reported including three in Malda, two in Agarpara, two in Dum Dum, one in Titagarh, three in Khardah and two in Mahishadal.